The Humble City Soul:
Concentrated Vitamin Enriched Chicken Bone Broth
Bone Broth has been nourishing and enjoyed by people around the world for centuries. These rich nutritive broths are known for their soothing effect on the soul, and their ability to deliver concentrated amounts of nutrients to the body. In a day and age when supplement usage is on the rise, bone broth has gained in popularity as well. As an alternative to diet supplements that can contain chemicals and sub quality ingredients, the Humble City Soul is providing an organic Bone Broth alternative, made with care, from our kitchen to yours. Swapping a mug of this instead of coffee in the morning may provide you with the sustenance and energy boost you need without the nasty caffeine crash after. Jammed packed with key health supporting vitamins and minerals, bone broth is a tasty way to get our essential nutrients in.
Our broth is made from carefully selected chicken carcasses and organic vegetables including: onions, celery, carrots and Thyme. We also add Nettle and Kombu for additional nutrients that support the immune system and play an important role in maintaining overall health. All of our broth is made in small batches to ensure a high level of quality and care.
Benefits of Bone Broth
- Seals and heals the gut. The gelatin (found in the knuckles of chicken and beef) helps heal the stomach lining and is an effective remedy for diarrhea, leaky gut and some food intolerances.
- Contains immune supporting nutrients such as collagen, glutamine and glycine
- The collagen in bone broth also reduces inflammation in the intestinal tract.
- Collagen helps regenerate our skin from the inside resulting in glowing, healthy looking skin.
- The Glucosamine content in bone broth makes it excellent for maintaining healthy joints
The added benefits of Nettle and Kombu:
Nettle: Nettle is the multivitamin of the plant world. The leaves are rich in vitamins and minerals including: A, B complex, C, E, K, folic acid, histamine, acetylecholine, formic acid, acetic acid and butyric acid. This gives our broth an added nutrient kick.
Kombu: Kombu is rich in iodine which is great, since most of the population is deficient. Iodine also supports the thyroid and its functions. Kombu contains glutamic acid, which enhances flavor with an Umami flavor and also improves brain function. Kombu has anti-inflammatory properties as well. It is rich in vitamin C, E giving it anti oxidant and anti-inflammatory functions.
Uses for bone broth:
- Straight up in a mug for a warm soothing beverage.
- As a base for soup.
- Cook vegetables in the broth for extra nutrients.
- For stocks and gravies
However you choose to enjoy bone broth, try it soon! The benefits are plentiful and delicious.
Contact us directly at email@example.com for more information regarding ordering our organic chicken bone broth.
NOTE: Broth can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days and must be consumed during that time.
From our kitchen to yours…Enjoy!